ALTISOURCE U.S. CONSUMER PRIVACY NOTICE / YOUR PRIVACY RIGHTS
WHAT DOES ALTISOURCE DO WITH YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
What is required: Financial companies choose how they share your personal information. Under federal law, that means personally identifiable information. Federal law gives consumers the right to limit some but not all sharing. Federal law also requires us to tell you how we collect, share and protect your personal information. Please read this notice carefully to understand what we do.
What we collect: The types of personal information we collect and share depend on the product or service you have with us. This information can include:
- Social Security number and credit information
- Demographic information, employment information and information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others
- Account details, transaction and payment history
What we share: All financial companies need to share customers’ personal information to run their everyday business. In the section below, we list the reasons financial companies can share their customers’ personal information; the reasons Altisource chooses to share; and whether you can limit this sharing.
REASONS WE CAN SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
For our everyday business purposes – such as to process your transactions, maintain your account(s), respond to court orders and legal investigations or report to credit bureaus. Altisource shares your personal information and you cannot limit this sharing.
For our marketing purposes – to offer our products and services to you. Altisource shares your personal information and you cannot limit this sharing.
For joint marketing with other financial companies. Altisource shares your personal information and you cannot limit this sharing.
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – Information about your transactions and experiences. Altisource shares your personal information and you cannot limit this sharing.
For our affiliates’ everyday business purposes – Information about your creditworthiness. Altisource does not share your personal information.
For nonaffiliates to market to you. Altisource does not share your personal information.
HOW YOU CAN REVIEW AND REQUEST CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION:
Provided that your account is not disabled, you may log in to review and/or change any of the personally identifiable information you provided when you registered on Owners.com. However, you may not request changes to the transaction history related to your activities conducted on this or other Altisource websites or on third-party websites.
Go to http://www.altisource.com/Home/YourPrivacyRights.aspx.
WHO WE ARE
Who is providing this notice? Altisource Portfolio Solutions S.A. and its affiliates (collectively referred to as "Altisource"), including but not limited to: (see below). How does Altisource protect my personal information? To protect your personal information from unauthorized access and use, we use security measures that comply with federal law. These measures include computer safeguards and secured files and buildings. For more information visit http://www.altisource.com/Home/YourPrivacyRights.aspx.
How does Altisource collect my personal information? - We collect your personal information, for example, when you: Register on any of our websites, Bid or make an offer on a property, Servicing on an account.
Why can’t I limit all sharing? - Federal law gives you the right to limit some but not all sharing related to:
- Affiliates’ everyday business purposes – information about your creditworthiness
- Affiliates from using your information to market to you
- Nonaffiliates to market to you
State laws and individual companies may give you more rights to limit sharing. See Other important information section for your rights under state law.
Affiliates: Companies related by common ownership or control. They can be Financial and nonfinancial companies. Our affiliates include companies such as Altisource Business Solutions Private Limited, Altisource Fulfillment Operations, Inc., Altisource Portfolio Solutions, Inc., Altisource Solutions, Inc., Altisource Solutions S.àr.l., The Mortgage Partnership of America, LLC, Nationwide Credit, Inc., Premium Title Services, Inc., Premium Title of California, Inc., Premium Title Agency, Inc., PTS- Texas Inc., REALHome Services and Solutions, Inc., Springhouse, LLC, Western Progressive Trustee, LLC Nonaffiliates: Companies not related by common ownership or control. They can be Financial and nonfinancial companies. Altisource does not share with nonaffiliates.
Joint Marketing: A formal agreement between nonaffiliated financial companies that together market financial products or services to you. Altisource does not jointly market.
For Nevada residents only. We are providing you this notice under state law. You may be placed on our internal Do Not Call List by following the directions in the To limit direct marketing contact section. Nevada law requires we provide the following contact information: Bureau of Consumer Protection, Office of the Nevada Attorney General, 555 E. Washington St., Suite 3900, Las Vegas, NV 89101; Phone number- 702.486.3132; email: [email protected] Altisource, P.O. Box 105460, Atlanta, GA 30348-5460; Phone number: (888) 876-3372
OTHER IMPORTANT INFORMATION
Vermont: Under Vermont law, we will not share information we collect about Vermont residents with companies outside of our corporate family, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts or under joint marketing agreements with other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements. We will not share information about your creditworthiness within our corporate family except with your consent, but we may share information about our transactions or experiences with you within our corporate family without your consent.
California: Under California law, we will not share information we collect about you with companies outside of Altisource, unless the law allows. For example, we may share information with your consent, to service your accounts or to provide rewards or benefits you are entitled to. We will limit sharing among our companies to the extent required by California law. Owners.com does not adjust online tracking settings to mirror browser requests/settings. Owners does track user behaviors across Owners.com and affiliate domains to improve the on-site customer experience and customize the behavior of the site to make the experience more relevant and efficient for our users.
Delaware: Owners.com does not engage in the collection of personally identifiable information about a user’s online activities over time and across third-party internet websites, online or cloud computing services, online applications or mobile applications.
ONLINE PRIVACY NOTICE
Updated June 25, 2015
This Online Privacy Notice ("Notice") describes how Altisource and its affiliates ("Altisource", "us", "our" or "we") collects, uses and shares information from or about you through any online interface (e.g., Website or mobile application) owned and controlled by us (the "Site", meaning singularly, jointly and severally, any Website or Websites). We will use and share any information that we collect from or about you in accordance with the Altisource Privacy Notice (above), which provides choices in the use and sharing of information. When using any of our Sites, you agree to the terms and conditions of this Notice.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
"Personal Information" means personally identifiable information such as information you provide, or that others provide to us on your behalf, via forms, surveys, applications or other online fields including but not limited to name, postal or email addresses, telephone, fax or mobile numbers. It includes information we receive from others involved in your transaction, including but not limited to real estate agents, brokers, closing/settlement providers, loan officers, loan sale advisors or lenders.
HOW WE USE PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may use Personal Information to:
- Respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests;
- Send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information;
- Send you marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- Personalize your experience on the Site;
- Allow you to participate in surveys, sweepstakes, contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose Personal Information;
- Analyze data for our business purposes, such as audits, developing new products, enhancing the Site, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns; or
- Control risk, to comply with laws and regulations and to comply with other legal process and law enforcement requirements.
Please see the Altisource Privacy Notice (above) for information on how Personal Information may be shared.
CREDIT CARD INFORMATION
Owners.com accepts credit card information to provide our customers with the convenience of purchasing our products and services online. Credit card information is defined as any information that appears on a page where a credit card number can be submitted. All credit card information is protected by SSL encryption technology. Once submitted, we store only the information required to reference your original transaction (which cannot be used to process another charge transaction), and do not store your credit card number or any other identifiable account information on file.
OTHER INFORMATION WE COLLECT ONLINE
"Other Information" is any information other than Personal Information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, such as:
- Browser information
- Information collected through cookies, pixel tags and other technologies
- Demographic information and other information provided buy you such as your date of birth; or
- Aggregated and De-identified Data
HOW WE COLLECT AND USE OTHER INFORMATION
We and our third-party service providers, if any, may record, collect and use Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser: Certain information is collected by most browsers, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, device type, screen resolution, operating system version and Internet browser type and version. We use this information to ensure that the Site functions properly and for security purposes.
- Use of an analytics and optimization service that tracks and analyzes activity on the Site. We use the information for security purposes, to facilitate navigation, to display information more effectively, to continually improve the design and functionality and to understand how people use the Site.
- Use of pixel tags, web beacons, clear GIFs or other technologies: These may be used in connection with some Site pages and HTML-formatted email messages to measure the effectiveness of our communications, the success of our marketing campaigns, compile statistics about usage and response rates and to assist us in resolving customers’ questions regarding use of the Site.
- IP Address: Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the device that you are using by your Internet Service Provider. An IP Address is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever a user visits the Site, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many websites. We use IP Addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems and administering the Site.
- Aggregated and De-identified Data: "Aggregated and De-identified Data" is data we may create or compile from various sources, including mouse clicks and movements, scrolling activity and text you type into the Site. This information is used for business purposes, which may include offering products or services, research, marketing or analyzing market trends and other purposes consistent with applicable laws.
Law Enforcement: If required by law, we may provide any and all information we have about you to law enforcement or other government agencies, pursuant to a subpoena, warrant or other order by a court of competent jurisdiction. Where required by applicable law, we will require written documentation of the request, proof of the identity of the law enforcement official making the request, and we will take steps to authenticate the validity of the request. Any law enforcement or government agency request submitted with less than a court-issued order will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis according to the need and urgency, as well as the particular law enforcement agency making the request.
Links: The Site may contain links to other websites. Please be aware that we are not responsible for the content or privacy practices of other websites to which we link. You should also be aware that, when you voluntarily disclose personal information in public forums, such information may be collected by others and may result in receiving unsolicited messages. We strongly encourage you to be aware that when you leave our Site you should read the privacy statements of each and every website that collects personally identifiable information. Security To protect Personal Information from unauthorized access and use, we suggest use of security measures. These measures include device safeguards and secured files and buildings.
Choice / Opt Out: From time to time, we may send you e-mail, e-mail newsletters or Site news updates alerting you to new features, products, promotions or services pertaining to the Site. If you no longer wish to receive these materials from us you may opt-out of receiving them. We will gladly comply with your requests for removal. Opt Out Procedure: In compliance with the Can-Spam Act of 2003, on each marketing email transmitted by the Site, there are instructions for opting out of receiving future emails. Such instructions may include, without limitation: (a) clicking a link on the email which sends a reply to the sender’s server instructing the server of the sender’s desire to opt out of future emails, or (b) instructions for mailing a written request to be removed from future emails. All requests to opt out of future emails will be respected.
UPDATES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
In the future, we may need to change this Notice or the Altisource Privacy Notice. Please review it periodically. All changes will be made here so that you will always know what information we gather, how we might use that information and whether we may share it with anyone. Any changes to this Notice will become effective when we post the revised Notice on the Site. Your use of the Site following these revisions acknowledges your receipt of the revision and your agreement to and acceptance of the revised Notice. This statement was last updated June 25, 2015.