is a small town in Madison County, Alabama, United States, and is included in the Huntsville-Decatur Combined Statistical Area. As of the 2000 census, the population is 2,539. It was incorporated in 1832 under the name of Vienna. The original town was completely burned by the Union Army on December 15, 1864, during the American Civil War. Since there was already a post office called Vienna in southern Alabama, the rebuilt city was incorporated in 1883 as New Hope, taking its name from the New Hope Methodist Church.