is a city located in the northwestern corner of Orange County, California, United States. As of the 2007 census, the city had a total population of 62,635. Its related city, La Habra Heights is located to the north of La Habra, and is in Los Angeles County.
The first La Habra Post Office was established in 1898 in a corner of Coy's Store at Central (now La Habra Boulevard) and Euclid Street.
The City was incorporated under general law on January 20, 1925 with a population of 3,000. The Police Force was organized in 1926 and employed a Chief, Traffic Officer and Patrolman. By 1928, the City bore the distinction of being the largest avocado center in Southern California. In 1930 the first Fire Department building was constructed followed by the original City Hall in 1935. By 1950 the population reached nearly 5,000. The Civic Center took shape when the existing County Library was dedicated in 1966, followed by the present Administration Building in 1969.
Richard Milhous Nixon opened his first law office in La Habra just west of the Civic Center on the north side of La Habra Boulevard. That brick building was demolished in the 1990s for the construction of the City's Community Center.
For over seventy years La Habra was home to the Hass Avocado Mother Tree , an accidental seedling planted by Rudolph Hass in the 1920s. The fruit from this tree has since become one of the most popular avocado cultivars worldwide. The Hass Mother Tree succumbed to root rot in 2002.
The La Habra Stakes, run since 1973 at the Santa Anita Park Thoroughbred race track, is named for La Habra.