Realtor.com Flat Fee Listing
List your home For Sale By Owner on Realtor.com for a flat fee of $295
- Over 90% of buyers start their home search online
Realtor.com reaches nearly all independent buyers searching for a home online and is one of the Internet's most-visited real estate website.
You retain the right to sell "by owner" and save all of the money by paying nothing when working directly with buyers.
- Save Thousands in Commission
Pay no selling commission when you list directly on Realtor.com and cut out the middleman. You are not required to work with a local agent.
Realtor.com® is one of the Internet's largest national real estate websites with over 6 million monthly visitors. Owners' Realtor.com listing is featured by many of the largest online real estate sites including Zillow®, Yahoo! Real estate®, MSN® Real Estate and many more - giving you the widest exposure to the most independent buyers.
See how much you'll save by listing on Realtor.com
(6% for both agents)
||$295 flat fee
Our Realtor.com Listing Package includes:
- Listing on Realtor.com® for 6 months, the Internet's largest national real estate website
- Listing on nationwide real estate sites such as Zillow®, Yahoo! Real Estate®, MSN Real Estate® and many more
- Premium Realtor.com features such as 25 photos, highlighting in search results, visitor traffic reports and open house notices.
- Listing on Owners.com®, the largest For Sale By Owner website (a $50 value if purchased separately). Features include unlimited photos, real-time visitor tracking, highlight in search results and it remains active until sold.
- You save all of the money and pay no commission when working directly with independent buyers
- Toll-free live expert support by calling (800) 475-7738
- What is Realtor.com?
- Realtor.com is a national real estate website operated by the National Association of Realtors which provides the public access to MLS listings. Realtor.com is the most visited real estate website with over 6 million visitors a month.
Listing on Realtor.com through Owners.com gives homeowners the ability to get the same great exposure as agent represented homes without paying commissions or committing to a long term contract.
- What special features come with a showcase listing?
- 25 jumbo photos, custom highlighted headline and expanded property description on the search results page, one free open house alert and one free traffic report per six month listing. All of these features help your property stand out from the crowd. A "Standard" listing on Realtor.com does not include these unique and exclusive "Showcase" features.
- Is it difficult to sell on my own ?
- Hundreds of thousands of people just like you have sold their home by owner and saved thousands in commission. It does require some planning and work, but it's not complicated. If you use the tools and support we offer including our sellers checklists and handbook, you can sell as good as a professional. In the end you care more about your sale and know your property better than any agent.
Call us if you have any questions about how it works or what to do next (800) 475-7738. Although our flat fee agents place the listing on Realtor.com for you, all calls and inquiries from interested buyers will be referred directly to you.
- How does Realtor.com help me sell my home?
- 4 out of 5 buyers start their search for a home online and Realtor.com is the #1 real estate website used by consumers to find a home. Realtor.com is a "must have" if you want to reach the most independent buyers, receive the most offers and avoid paying real estate commission to a listing agent.
Call if you have more questions. We are happy to explain the process step by step.
- How does listing on Realtor.com® help me sell my home?
- Realtor.com® is largest real estate website and the most important resource the public uses for finding homes. By listing on Realtor.com® your property is guaranteed the widest exposure with access to millions of house hunters across the country. It is a key element in any serious home selling plan.
- Is Realtor.com® the same as the MLS?
- No. The MLS system is made up of hundreds of local independent MLS’s across the country overseen by the National Association of Realtors® (NAR). Realtors® pay a fee to join their local MLS and use it almost exclusively to find and advertise homes for their clients.
Realtor.com® is a national real estate website operated by NAR to give the public access to these listings. Homeowners who are open to selling their home to buyers represented by agents should consider listing on the MLS (which includes a listing on Realtor.com).
Call if you have questions at (800) 475-7738. We would be happy to explain both selling options.
- How much does listing on Realtor.com cost?
- The cost is a one-time flat fee of $295. You pay no commission.
A reimbursement charge of $25 will be applied to any cancelled order.
- What is the length of the listing period?
- The listing period is 6 months. If interested, an extended Realtor.com listing for up to 12 months is available in most areas for an additional nominal charge. Listings can be withdrawn from Realtor.com at any time by written request.
- What is the role of listing agent?
- Only licensed real estate agents can place homes on Realtor.com. We have a nationwide network of experienced flat fee agents who will prepare the paperwork and place your home on Realtor.com. They do not charge a commission; your only cost is a one-time fee of $295 for the service.
- Who handles the paperwork?
- All the necessary listing forms will be provided by our local representative. They can be emailed, faxed, mailed and in some cases completed online. Once an order is placed, the information will be forwarded to the local agent who will contact you to review the listing details.
- Are there any seller’s agent commissions?
- No. You only pay a flat fee of $295 to Owners.com to place your home on Realtor.com - that's it!
- Can I still work with a buyer represented by an agent?
- If an agent finds your listing and brings a buyer, you retain the right to work with a buyers agent. If you do, you must pay the agent an agreed upon commission if you accept an offer from their buyer. You decide how much commission to offer. It is negotiated on an agent by agent basis. We recommend offering a commission between 2–3% if you go this route.
- Will I have to pay any commissions if I find a buyer on my own?
- No. No commissions are owed if you find a buyer on your own.
- Whose phone number is on the listing?
- Your Realtor.com listing will display the agents contact information, but all inquiries about your property will be sent directly to you through an automated system.
- How soon will I be listed after I sign up?
- An agent from our flat fee network will call or email within 2 - 7 business hours (not including weekends) after an order is placed. The agent will send all the forms required to complete your listing. Once these forms are completed and faxed or emailed back to the agent, the listing will be on the MLS within 24 – 48 hours (excluding weekends). Orders placed on Monday can easily be listed by Wednesday. However, orders placed Thursday or Friday may not be listed until the following week. It takes Realtor.com 1 – 3 business days to upload a listing to their site. This is an automatic upload and can't be expedited.
- How many people will see my listing?
- Your listing will receive national exposure on the Realtor.com® website. Realtor.com is open to the public and is the most heavily trafficked real estate website on the Internet with over 6 million monthly visitors. In addition, your listing will be featured on MSN® Real Estate and many more real estate websites that attract thousands of local buyers.
- What about photos?
- Upload up to 25 digital photos of the house. If necessary, hard copy photos can be scanned but will slow down the process. Photos need to be saved in a .jpg file, ideally 640 x 480 pixels and emailed to your listing representative.
- Can I use a yard sign?
- Yes. If you don't have one, yard signs are available through Owners.com. Please call us at (800) 475-7738 if you require any additional home selling products.
- What if I want to list a rental on the Realtor.com?
- To list a rental property call us at (800) 475-7738 or simply order the Realtor.com listing and include your rental details. Make sure to specify the monthly rent as the price. When our representative contacts you, let them know that you would like to list your home as a 'rental' instead of a 'for sale' property. They will make sure it is listed correctly.
- Do I have to list my home on Realtor.com® to sell it?
- A Realtor.com listing is a critical step for any serious home seller because Realtor.com® is the #1 real estate site nationally and the most important site the public uses to search for homes. By listing your home on Realtor.com® you are guaranteed the most exposure with access to millions of house hunters across the country, while retaining the right to sell for sale by owner without paying any commissions.
- Do Realtors® show buyers homes listed on Realtor.com?
- Not generally. Realtors® are paid by splitting the commissions paid by sellers. Most Realtors® will primarily show properties that are already under contract with a listing agent and have a stated commission split listed. Realtors® prefer to avoid FSBO sellers because of the time and uncertainty it requires to negotiate a commission.
- How do I cancel my order?
- As long as your property has not already been listed on Realtor.com, you may cancel your order. To cancel your order, call Owners.com customer support (800) 475-7738. You will be able to speak to a “live” person during normal business hours. After hours, you may leave a message when prompted and we'll call you back.
You may request a refund (less $25 processing charge) up to 30 days from your purchase date and have up to 60 days from the purchase date to complete your listing.
- Do Realtors use Realtor.com®, or just buyers?
- Realtor.com® is open to the public, but almost 100% of the users are individual buyers. Realtors® typically use their own MLS service to find property listings. Because Realtor.com reaches millions of buyers even those without agents, you have greater chances of selling FSBO by finding an independent buyer.
- Will I be listed on the local MLS?
- No. Your property will not be listed on your local MLS, only on Realtor.com (and other popular real estate websites). Since most brokers use their local MLS to find listings for their buyers, you will avoid their calls unless they find your home by other means.
- Do I have to sign a listing agreement with an agent?
- Yes, you are required to sign an agreement with your Owners.com licensed representative in order to list your property on Realtor.com. However, this is to protect the terms and conditions you are paying for.
And keep in mind that you are not obligated to work with a buyer represented by an agent.
- Am I able to cancel my listing and sign up with a full service agent?
- Yes, you may cancel your flat fee listing in writing to the agent anytime during the 6-month listing with no further obligation.
- Can I order a Virtual Tour for my Realtor.com listing?
- You may purchase a Virtual Tour through Owners.com and we’ll post it for you.
- Who should I speak with for questions regarding my listing?
- You should speak with the flat fee listing agent assigned to you. If you need their contact information, you may call Owners.com customer service and we will be glad to give you that information.
- Can I purchase an extended Realtor.com listing?
- Yes. An extended 12-month listing is available in most areas for a nominal fee. This will keep your listing on Realtor.com and all partner sites for one full year.