FSBO - For Sale By Owner
Buying or selling FSBO has never been easier
Last year nearly 1 in 3 homes were sold without using a traditional agent.
Owners.com has all the tools and resources for FSBO buyers and sellers.
Sell Your FSBO Home
- Save thousands in selling commissions
- Get started today for FREE
What is FSBO?
FSBO stands for "For Sale By Owner". It describes anyone who sells real estate - usually a home - without using an agent.
Selling a house FSBO empowers homeowners to take control of the home selling process and to save a lot of money by paying little or no commission. The homeowner sells the home through yard signs, web listings, newspaper classified ads, flyers, word of mouth and open houses.
Today, most FSBOs advertise their properties on the Realtor's Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for a one-time flat fee mls. This allows them to reach just as many qualified buyers as homes listed by local agents.
The homeowner may also handle the closing process or hire a real estate attorney to take care of the paperwork.
Advantages of selling your home FSBO are:
- You have control over the entire FSBO process.
-- The FSBO seller determines the price
-- When and how to advertise the home
-- Whether to hold open houses or see buyers by appointment
-- Negotiating the sale
-- Managing the close whether through the title company or a real estate attorney
-- Everything is done on your terms
- Quicker sale with FSBO
-- The price of homes sold by an agent are inflated to cover the agent's commission.
-- By selling FSBO, the homeowner can reduce the home's price enough to make it attractive to buyers for a quicker sale.
-- The amount saved from not paying a listing agent commission can be used to reduce the price; serve as a negotiation edge; or be extra profit to the home seller.
-- When the buyer makes an offer, you negotiate directly rather than having to go back and forth between the agents.
- Reduces stress with FSBO
-- You decide when to show the home rather than keeping the home in picture perfect condition at all times in case the agent calls and wants to show it immediately.
-- By scheduling prospective buyers yourself, you have time to prepare for the visits and you don't have to leave the home as you would with an agent.
-- You determine whether you want to show your home by talking on the phone first with the buyer.
- You're the best agent
-- You know your home better than anyone.
-- You can highlight the home's advantages or discuss the hard work that went into the beautiful lawn.
-- You know the neighbors, school district, churches and shopping.
-- A home that's priced well and is properly maintained can virtually sell itself. But you are the closer with the extra information only you can provide the buyer.
- More confidence with FSBO
-- You are the one who meets the prospective buyer so you can judge how serious the buyer is, rather than relying on an agent's opinion.
-- You get direct feedback which helps immensely in the negotiation.
Why pay a commission?
- The selling and buying agents get a combined commission of about 6% of the home's sale price.
- Calculate how much that is worth.
- A recent nationwide survey of agents showed that no matter the price of the home, agents spend an average of $1,000 to market the home.
- Are you willing to give an agent thousands of dollars to do something you can do yourself for a fraction of the cost?
- If your answer is no, then selling FSBO is the way to go.
With Owners.com you get:
Get started here
- Comprehensive and economical listing packages for a low one-time fee - not monthly.
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) option.
- Toll-free customer service hotline.
- Extensive library of articles on the FSBO home selling process.
- Regular newsletters on key home selling topics like Pricing, Preparing, Advertising and Negotiating the sale.
- All the tools and services needed to sell ‘by owner’ from mortgages, contracts, appraisals, home staging and more.
- Experience - Owners is the oldest FSBO website having started in 1995.
- Proven Success - We've helped over 1 million customers successfully sell over $155 billion worth of homes FSBO over the years.
- Value - We have the most economical program with packages starting at $49.95 and offer a FREE 30-day trial.
- Ease - It's easy to list your home and make updates at anytime.
- Reliable - You can count on Owners.com to be there for you with our live customer service line and email support.
- Support - We provide a variety of tools to help you each step of the way in the FSBO process from a free online handbook, to a sellers' forum, newsletters, case studies and educational videos from leading real estate experts.
- Exposure - Owners.com advertises extensively on Google, Yahoo, MSN and other websites to bring customers to you.
- Homebuyer central - Over 80% of home buyers begin their search on the web and they begin that search with Owners.com, your FSBO resource.
to sell your home using Owners.com.
You'll be glad you did!
96% of our customers rate our service as very good to excellent.
Helping Homeowners since 1996
We have helped over one million sellers save thousands in commissions.
How it works:
- Purchase any Owners.com listing package.
- If at any point you decide selling "by owner" is not for you, we will match you with an experienced local full service agent.
- Once your property has sold and closed through the agent we have matched you with, simply send us a copy of the HUD closing statement provided by the escrow company, and you will be refunded 100% of the money you paid for your listing package.