Iowa Flat Fee MLS
List your home on the MLS for a flat fee of $395
- Over 90% of all homes for sale are listed on the MLS
Why? Because the MLS in Iowa helps sellers reach nearly all buyers.
- Retain the right to sell 'By Owner'
You can sell your home to an independent buyer, or one working with an agent - the choice is yours.
- Save Thousands in Commission
Homeowners save half the commission by cutting out the middleman and listing directly on the MLS.
Owners’ Flat Fee MLS listings in IA are featured on the largest online real estate websites including Realtor.com®, Zillow®, Yahoo! Real estate®, MSN® Real Estate, Trulia® and more - giving you the widest exposure to nearly all buyers.
See how much you'll save by listing on the MLS in Iowa
||Flat Fee MLS
(6% for both agents)
||$395 flat fee
Our Flat Fee MLS Listing Package in Iowa includes:
- 6-month listing on your local Multiple Listing Service (MLS) in IA
- Listing on Realtor.com®, the Internet's largest national real estate website
- Exposure on nationwide real estate sites such as Zillow®, Yahoo! Real Estate®, MSN® Real Estate, Trulia® and many more
- Listing on Owners.com, the largest For Sale By Owner website (a $50 value if purchased separately). Features include unlimited photos, real-time visitor tracking, highlight in search results and it remains active until sold.
- The right to sell 'by owner'. If you find an independent buyer, you save all of the money and pay no commission at all
- Toll-free live expert support by calling (800) 475-7738
- What is the Multiple Listing Service (MLS)?
- The MLS is a database of homes for sale. Agents use the MLS to find homes for buyers that they represent. Listing a home on the MLS notifies all local brokers that your home is for sale. Only licensed real estate agents, brokers and realtors can list property for sale on the MLS.
- Is it Difficult to Sell without an Agent in Iowa?
- Thousands of people just like you have sold their home by owner and saved thousands in commission. It does require some planning and work, but it's not complicated. If you use the tools and support we offer including our sellers checklists and handbook, you can sell as good as a professional. In the end you care more about your sale and know your property better than any agent.
Call us if you have any questions about how it works or what to do next (800) 475-7738. Although our agents place the listing on the MLS for you, calls and inquiries from interested buyers will be referred directly to you.
- How does the MLS Help Me Sell My Home?
- Real estate agents use the MLS almost exclusively to search for homes for their clients. Over 80% of buyers are represented by agents, so it is a "must have" if you want to reach the most buyers and receive the most offers. In other words, if you don’t list on the MLS you'll be missing out on reaching 4 out of 5 buyers.
The truth is most sellers' agents don't go looking for buyers; they simply list a house on the local MLS and then talk to the buyers' agents who find them there. You can use this same professional tool and save 3% in seller agent commissions. Call if you have more questions. We are happy to explain the process step by step.
- How does listing on Realtor.com® help me sell my home?
- Realtor.com® is largest real estate website and the most important resource the public uses for finding homes. By listing on Realtor.com® your property is guaranteed the widest exposure with access to millions of house hunters across the country. It is a key element in any serious home selling plan.
- Is the MLS the same as Realtor.com®?
- No. The MLS system is made up of hundreds of local independent MLS’s across the country overseen by the National Association of Realtors® (NAR). Realtors® pay a fee to join their local MLS and use it almost exclusively to find and advertise homes for their clients.
Realtor.com® is a national real estate website operated by NAR to give the public access to MLS listings. Only homes that have been listed on a local MLS through a licensed agent will be shown on Realtor.com®
- How Much Does Listing on the MLS Cost?
- The cost of the flat fee MLS is a one-time fixed fee of $395. You pay no commission.
A reimbursement charge of $25 will be applied to any cancelled order.
- What is the Length of the Listing Period?
- The flat fee MLS listing period in IA is 6 months. If interested, an extended mls listing for up to 12 months is available in most areas for an additional charge. Listings can be withdrawn from your MLS at any time by request.
- What is the Role of Listing Agent?
- Only licensed real estate agents can place homes on the MLS. We have a nationwide network of experienced flat fee MLS agents who will prepare the paperwork and place your home in your local MLS. They do not charge a commission; your only cost is a one-time fee of $395 for the service.
- Who Handles the Paperwork?
- All the necessary listing forms will be provided by our local representative. They can be emailed, faxed, mailed and in some cases completed online. Once an order is placed, the information will be forwarded to the local agent who will contact you to review the listing details.
- Are There Any Seller’s Agent Commissions?
- No. You only pay a flat fee of $395 to the listing agent to place your home on the MLS - that's it!
- Are There Buyer's Agent Commissions?
- Yes. If an agent sees a listing and brings a buyer, you must pay the buyer's agent a commission if you accept the offer. You decide how much commission to offer as part of the MLS listing process. The commission you're willing to pay is stated on the MLS listing. It is NOT negotiated on an agent by agent basis. We recommend offering a commission between 2 – 3% since your listing will be competing with others for agent's attention.
- What if I Find a Buyer Myself? Will I have to pay any commissions?
- No. No commissions are owed if you find a buyer on your own.
- Whose Phone Number is on the MLS?
- The MLS listing will display both the agents contact information and in most states, yours as well. When the listing agent receives inquiries about your property, the interested parties will be directed to you to set up showings and discuss details about your property. Realtor.com does not allow seller's phone numbers to appear in their listings.
- How Soon Will I Be Listed After I Sign Up?
- An agent from our flat fee MLS network will call or email within 2 - 7 business hours (not including weekends) after an order is placed. The agent will send all the forms required to complete the MLS listing. Once these forms are completed and faxed or emailed back to the agent, the listing will be on the MLS within 24 – 48 hours (excluding weekends). Orders placed on Monday can easily be listed by Wednesday. However, orders placed Thursday or Friday may not be listed until the following week. Once listed on the MLS, it takes Realtor.com 1 – 3 business days to upload a listing to their site. This is an automatic upload and can't be expedited.
- How Many People Will See My Listing?
- Just like any agent-sponsored listing, a flat fee MLS listing will receive national exposure on the Realtor.com® website. Realtor.com is open to the public and is the most heavily trafficked real estate website on the Internet. Only properties listed on the MLS can appear on Realtor.com. In addition, MLS listings are featured on MSN® Real Estate, Trulia® and other real estate websites that attract thousands of local buyers.
- What About Photos?
- Upload digital photos of the exterior and interior of the house. If necessary, hard copy photos can be scanned but will slow down the process. Photos need to be saved in a .jpg file, ideally 640 x 480 pixels. Email the photos to the flat fee MLS agent. Number of photos allowed on the MLS varies by county.
- Can I Get More Help from the Agent?
- Almost all the agents in our flat fee MLS network will provide additional services including contract review and closing support. These services are available for an additional fixed fee. If you are interested in extra services, please call us at (800) 475-7738 for assistance.
- Do I live in a Jurisdiction requiring additional fees?
- In a few select areas, local state laws require that agents provide additional services to home sellers which result in additional fees. All Flat Fee MLS providers in a given jurisdiction are subject to the same rules. If you live in the area listed below, please call (800) 475-7738 for more details.
Note: If you accept an offer from a buyer without an agent, additional fees DO NOT apply.
A small additional charge may apply in: Columbia, South Carolina; Atlanta, Georgia and surrounding area.
- Can I use a Yard Sign?
- Yes, in most areas. Due to local regulation, the use of "For Sale By Owner" signs are not allowed in some areas when listed on the MLS. Alternatively, generic "House For Sale" signs can be used which are available through Owners.com or your local representative. Please call us at (800) 475-7738 before purchasing or using an existing sign to see if any restrictions apply to your specific City in Iowa.
- What if I want to list a Rental on the MLS?
- To list a rental property on the MLS call us at (800) 475-7738 or simply order the MLS listing and include your rental details. Make sure to specify the monthly rent as the price. When our representative contacts you, let them know that you would like to list your home as a 'rental' instead of a 'for sale' property. They will make sure it is listed correctly on the MLS.
- Do I have to list my home on Realtor.com® to sell it?
- A Realtor.com listing is a critical step for any serious home seller because Realtor.com® is the #1 real estate site nationally and the most important site the public uses to search for homes. By listing your home on Realtor.com® you are guaranteed the most exposure with access to millions of house hunters across the country, while retaining the right to sell for sale by owner without paying any commissions.
- Is this the only Multiple Listing Service (MLS) for Realtors®?
- Yes, this is the MLS that Realtors use. Realtors® join their local MLS in IA and on occasion those of nearby towns. They use the MLS almost exclusively to find homes for their clients. Owners.com will assign a listing agent who is a member of the proper MLS for your region to list your property. Remember, one flat fee covers our service; no additional fees are owed to the listing agent.
- Do Realtors® show buyers homes not listed on the MLS?
- No. Realtors® are paid by splitting the commissions paid by sellers. Most Realtors® will primarily show properties that are already under contract with a listing agent and have a stated commission split listed on the MLS. With a Flat Fee MLS listing, you specify what percentage you are willing to offer a buyer’s agent, typically 2-3%, but remember that you’ll be saving the entire cost of paying a sellers agent commission. Realtors® prefer to avoid FSBO sellers because of the time and uncertainty it requires to negotiate a commission. By solving this problem up front with an MLS listing, the buyer’s broker is assured that they will be paid and open your house to be show by all the agents representing buyers.
- How do I cancel my MLS order?
- As long as your property has not already been listed on the MLS, you may cancel your order. To cancel your MLS order, call Owners.com customer support (800) 475-7738. You will be able to speak to a “live” person during normal business hours. After hours, you may leave a message when prompted and we'll call you back.
You may request a refund (less $25 processing charge) up to 30 days from your purchase date and have up to 60 days from the purchase date to complete your MLS listing.
- Do Realtors use Realtor.com®, or just buyers?
- Realtor.com® is open to the public, but almost 100% of the users are individual buyers. Realtors® typically use their own MLS service to find property listings. Because Realtor.com reaches millions of buyers even those without agents, it enhances your chances of selling FSBO if you find an independent buyer. Remember, if you find a buyer without an agent you will owe no commission.
- Do I have to sign a listing agreement with an agent?
- Yes, you are required to sign an agreement with your Owners.com flat fee agent in order to list your property on the MLS. However, this is to protect the terms and conditions you are paying for; and to offer a cooperative commission to any agent that procures a buyer for you.
And keep in mind that you always retain the right to sell your home for sale by owner and are not obligated to work with a buyer represented by an agent.
- Am I able to cancel my listing and sign up with a full service agent?
- Yes, you may cancel your flat fee mls listing in writing to the flat fee agent anytime during the 6-month listing with no further obligation.
- Can I order a Virtual Tour for my Flat Fee MLS Listing?
- You may purchase a Virtual Tour through Owners.com and we’ll send it to your flat fee agent to place on your MLS Listing and Realtor.com®.
- Who should I speak with for questions regarding my MLS listing?
- You should speak with the flat fee listing agent assigned to you. If you need their contact information, you may call Owners.com customer service and we will be glad to give you that information.
- Can I purchase an extended MLS and Realtor.com listing?
- Yes. An extended 12-month mls listing is available in most areas for a nominal fee. This will keep your listing on the mls and Realtor.com for one full year.
- What Local MLS's do you service in Iowa?
We provide flat fee listing services for Iowa in the following MLS's:
- Greater Des Moines MLS
- Ames MLS AMESMLS
- Cedar Rapids Board MLS
- Iowa City Board MLS
- Is Flat Fee MLS available in my County?
We provide Flat Fee MLS and Realtor.com listing services in the following IA Counties:
- Adair County
- Adams County
- Allamakee County
- Appanoose County
- Audubon County
- Benton County
- Black Hawk County
- Boone County
- Bremer County
- Buchanan County
- Buena Vista County
- Butler County
- Calhoun County
- Carroll County
- Cass County
- Cedar County
- Cerro Gordo County
- Cherokee County
- Chickasaw County
- Clarke County
- Clay County
- Clayton County
- Clinton County
- Crawford County
- Dallas County
- Davis County
- Decatur County
- Delaware County
- Des Moines County
- Dickinson County
- Dubuque County
- Emmet County
- Fayette County
- Floyd County
- Franklin County
- Fremont County
- Greene County
- Grundy County
- Guthrie County
- Hamilton County
- Hancock County
- Hardin County
- Harrison County
- Henry County
- Howard County
- Humboldt County
- Ida County
- Iowa County
- Jackson County
- Jasper County
- Jefferson County
- Johnson County
- Jones County
- Keokuk County
- Kossuth County
- Lee County
- Linn County
- Louisa County
- Lucas County
- Lyon County
- Madison County
- Mahaska County
- Marion County
- Marshall County
- Mills County
- Mitchell County
- Monona County
- Monroe County
- Montgomery County
- Muscatine County
- Obrien County
- Osceola County
- Page County
- Palo Alto County
- Plymouth County
- Pocahontas County
- Polk County
- Pottawattamie County
- Poweshiek County
- Ringgold County
- Sac County
- Scott County
- Shelby County
- Sioux County
- Story County
- Tama County
- Taylor County
- Union County
- Van Buren County
- Wapello County
- Warren County
- Washington County
- Wayne County
- Webster County
- Winnebago County
- Winneshiek County
- Woodbury County
- Worth County
- Wright County