is a city in Polk County, Iowa, United States. The population was 2,344 at the 2000 census; a special census in 2005 counted 2,872 residents. It is part of the Des Moines–West Des Moines Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Polk City was settled in 1846 and incorporated as a city on March 13, 1875. It was an early contender for the seat of Polk County before Des Moines was ultimately chosen.