is a village in DuPage County, Illinois, United States. The population was 31,765 at the 2000 census.
Glendale Heights was a small farming community known as Cloverdale up until the 1950s, with a population of just 104 in 1959. On June 16, 1959, a petition was filed and on July 13, the village became incorporated. The first election was held later on that summer on August 2.
as it was between Glen Ellyn and Bloomingdale, but after a conflict arose with the small town of Glendale in Southern Illinois, the city decided in March 1960 to add the term Heights, in reference to its different topographies, thus becoming Glendale Heights.