is a village in DuPage County, Illinois, United States. The population was 21,182 at the 2000 census, and estimated to be 23,376 as of 2005. It is part of the Chicago metropolitan area and the Illinois Technology and Research Corridor.
Lisle was permanently settled in 1832 after the Blackhawk War by James and Luther Hatch. The two brothers settled land near what is now Ogden Avenue and began a small farming community. This early beginning makes Lisle Township the oldest settlement in DuPage County.
A number of firsts for Lisle came in the 1830s with the First Congregational Church of DuPage in 1833, the first post office (managed by John Thompson) in 1834, and the first schoolhouse in 1837.
The railroad came to Lisle in 1864 with the Chicago, Burlington and Quincy Railroad. A fire destroyed the railroad depot, but it was rebuilt in 1874 by the Railroad.
On the 4th of July 2006, Lisle celebrated its 50th birthday by hosting the state's biggest fireworks display.