is a city in Will County, Illinois, United States that incorporated in 1853. Lockport is located in northeastern Illinois, 30 miles southwest of Chicago, and north of Joliet, at locks connecting Chicago Sanitary and Ship Canal with the Des Plaines River via the Lockport Powerhouse.
Lockport was the headquarters of the operationally defunct Illinois and Michigan Canal. A section of the canal runs through Lockport, including the remains of the canal's
from which the town received its name. The canal right-of-way is now the
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 7.1 square miles (18.4 km²), of which, 7.1 square miles (18.3 km²) of it is land and 0.14% is water.