is a village in Cook County, Illinois, United States. The population was 14,582 at the 2000 census. The current Mayor of Norridge is Ronald A. Oppedisano.
The first names of Norridge were "Goat Village", due to a local residents goat farm, and "Swamp" due to lack of streets and swamp-like conditions. Norridge started out as an 80-acre subdivision that ran from Ozanam Avenue in the West to Olcott Avenue in the East and from Irving Park Road in the South to Montrose Avenue in the North. In 1948, Norridge was about to be annexed by Chicago when a local improvement association moved to incorporate as a village, ending the city's effort to incorporate it. That year, Karl Kuchar was elected the first President of the Village of Norridge. The 1950s was a decade of growth and development, encouraged by the construction of a waterworks system, the paving of sidewalks, streets, and curbs, and the installation of storm and sanitary sewers.In 1954 Norridge annexed land north from Montrose to Lawrence. Also that year, Norridge Youth Committee was established.
Norridge borders the Cook County Forest Reserves and was home to several horse stables including Happy Days Stables at Montrose and Cumberland. Most of the stables were gone by the late 1970s.
In 1969, WRHS Television opened. In 1976 WRHS Radio began playing music at Ridgewood High School.