is a village in Kane County, Illinois, United States. The population was 10,585 at the 2000 census, and estimated to be 14,394 as of 2005.
In its early history, North Aurora was known as "Schneider's Mill" or "Schneider's Crossing" after John Peter Schneider, a German immigrant who established a mill and dam on the Fox River after moving to the area in 1834. Schneider Elementary School in North Aurora is named after him.
School-age children in North Aurora attend public schools in the West Aurora Public School District 129. North Aurora's own district was absorbed into its neighbor, Aurora, in the early 1960s. Similarly, public spaces and parks are managed by the neighboring, larger Fox Valley Park District. North Aurora does maintain its own Fire Department, Police Department and Public Library District.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 5.3 square miles (13.8 km²), of which, 5.2 square miles (13.4 km²) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.4 km²) of it (2.82%) is water.