is a village in Winnebago County, Illinois, United States. It is part of the Rockford, Illinois Metropolitan Statistical Area. The population was 3,000 at the 2000 census.
The community was first settled in 1835. In 1849, the community adopted the name Elida, but later renamed itself Winnebago. Winnebago was incorporated as a village in 1878, having the a population of about 9.