is a small unincorporated town in Lafayette Township, Floyd County, Indiana. Historically a farming community on the outskirts of New Albany, it has since become a bedroom community for Louisville, Kentucky, containing subdivisions, farms, small shopping centers and churches, and transmitters for many of the area's television and radio stations.
The town was named after Colonel Davis Floyd. James Moore built a gristmill here in 1815. The word "knobs" comes from the local terrain. As one approaches Floyds Knobs from the southeast, The Knobstone or Siltstone Escarpment rises 400-500 feet above the Ohio River floodplain along the northwestern edge of New Albany, Indiana. The eroded hills along the edge of this plateau, called knobs, are the eastern edge of the Norman Upland geologic area of Indiana.
Historically, the commercial center of the community was at the intersection of Scottsville Road and Paoli Pike, (Old U.S. Highway 150) along the primary route from New Albany to Paoli Indiana. However, the Highway 150 exit off Interstate 64 has resulted in substantial commercial and residential development west of the historic center.