is a small city in Vermilion Parish, Louisiana, United States. The population was 5,177 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Abbeville Micropolitan Statistical Area.
In 1896, the Holy Rosary Catholic Church was established and got its name when
bought the Jim Todd Plantation in 1901. Kaplan grew quickly and was established in 1902.
On July 14, 1906, the first Bastille Day Celebration was held. In 1911, the Eleazar Theater was built. In 1916, the Kaplan Telephone Company began. In 1903, first school was formed. In 1920, the school was rebuilt.