is a town in Worcester County, Massachusetts, United States. The official spelling of the town's name is "Northborough", but the shorter spelling "Northboro" is also used. The population was 14,013 at the 2000 census.
For geographic and demographic information on the census-designated place Northborough, please see the article Northborough (CDP), Massachusetts.
Northborough was first settled in 1672. On January 24, 1766, the district of Northborough was established within neighboring Westborough. On August 23, 1775, the district became a town, and on June 20, 1807 part of neighboring Marlborough was annexed to Northborough.
was established in 1746, with the legal governor of the town being called the Town Minister. The first Town Minister was Reverend John Martyn.