is a village in Ingham Township, Ingham County in the U.S. state of Michigan. It lies 22 miles southeast of downtown Lansing, Michigan's capital city. The population was 429 at the 2000 census.
The area that is now the village of Dansville was originally settled by Samuel Crossman in 1844, who like many settlers at the time, had come from the state of New York in search of a new life. Samuel Crossman's son, Daniel Crossman, officially platted the village in 1857, naming it after himself and the village's first postmaster, Dr. Daniel T. Weston. The town wasn't actually incorporated as a village until 1867.