is a city in Genesee County in the U.S. state of Michigan. The population was 3,194 at the 2000 census. The city is adjacent to Mount Morris Township, but is politically independent.
Benjamin Pearson was the first settler in the area in 1833. In 1836, Frederick Walker was the first to settle within the future village site. A post office named Mount Morris was established on July 11, 1837, with Charles N. Beecher as the first postmaster. The name of the office was changed to Genesee on January 19, 1839, and back to Mount Morris on April 25, 1857. The name became Mount Morris Station on April 17, 1865 and finally back to Mount Morris on March 9, 1874. Development was spurred with the building of a line of the Pere Marquette Railway in 1857. The settlement was first platted as Dover in 1862 and was incorporated as the village of Mount Morris in 1867. It reincorporated as a city in 1929. It was named after Mount Morris, New York, because many of the early settlers had come from there.