is a city in Taney County, Missouri, United States. The population was 3,867 at the 2000 census. It is part of the Branson, Missouri Micropolitan Statistical Area.
The area was first settled as a result of the establishment of US Land Office in Springfield in 1835. The town expanded from a crossroads at a tract along the western bank of Turkey Creek that was the 1867 land-claim of Malinda Fortner. The town was named Hollister by Reuben Kirkham who opened a general store and applied to the Post Office for permission, which was granted in 1904. The town was named after the birthplace of Kirkham's daughter, Hollister, California. Most of the buildings in downtown Hollister are constructed in the Tudorbethan or mock Tudor style. Since the early 1970s most of the original businesses in historic downtown Hollister have gradually gone out of business. Recent construction on nearby Highway 65 and the continued success and growth of nearby Branson, Missouri have created a resurgence in downtown Hollister, many of the old storefronts are being revitalized and reopened as new businesses.