is an unincorporated community in Jefferson County, Missouri, United States. It is located just off Route 30 at the intersection with Routes MM and W near Byrnes Mill. The community is named after Adam House, who settled here ca. 1796, and for the two large springs here. In the late 1700's Adam House was killed by Osage Indians due to a dispute over stolen horses. Two of Adams children did escape; his wife had died the year before of illness. However the law found House's head stuck on a post having arrived too late from St. Louis to aid the family. House's cabin was built near the spring about a mile from the Big River. Historical House Springs is located on Main Street located off MM.