is a town in Ashe County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 151 at the 2000 census.
The Town of Lansing, NC in Ashe County was incorporated May 16, 1928. Lansing has one traffic light (a single three way intersection at Hwy. 194 and Big Horse Creek Road).
In the early 20th century Lansing was a very busy place primarily because of the Norfolk and Western Railroad Company (also known as the "Virginia Creeper"). Todd, West Jefferson, Lansing, White Oak and other towns in NC were regular stopping places for the train. There were some productive iron mines around Lansing that used the railroad to move ore.
In the 1930s and 40's Lansing was home to one of two cheese factories in Ashe county. Lansing's cheese plant offered local farmers a place to bring their goods instead of traveling to the county's other cheese plant in West Jefferson.
Lansing High School was built in 1941 by the Works Progress Administration (WPA) using very beautiful local granite stone.