is a town in Craven County, North Carolina, United States. The population was 898 at the 2000 census, and estimated to be 885 in 2006. Originally called Swift Creek, residents renamed the town for Zebulon B. Vance after he made a visit during his 1876 campaign for Governor. It is part of the New Bern, North Carolina Micropolitan Statistical Area.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the town has a total area of 4.5 km² (1.7 mi²), all land.