is a town in Grafton County, New Hampshire, United States. The population was 2,719 at the 2000 census. Campton, which includes the villages of Blair, Campton Hollow, Lower Campton and West Campton, is home to Blair State Forest and Livermore Falls State Forest. It is located in the foothills of the White Mountains, and parts of the White Mountain National Forest are in the northeast.
The town was originally granted in 1761 to General Jabez Spencer of East Haddam, Connecticut. It was first settled about 1765, but General Spencer died before the terms of charter, which required settlement by 50 families, each farming for every 50 received, was complete. Therefore, his heirs and others were given a new grant in 1767. Campton may take its name from Spencer Compton, 1st Earl of Wilmington. Compton was a friend of colonial governor Benning Wentworth, and had been influential in Wentworth's attaining his post in 1741.
Sylvester Marsh, builder of the Mount Washington Cog Railway, had his boyhood home in Campton. The town has three covered bridges, including Blair Bridge, which is , 10 inches long, the second longest of those entirely within the state.