is a Township in Burlington County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the township population was 3,237.
by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 1, 1859, within Willingboro Township. At its creation, Beverly Township included Beverly city, which separated as an independent municipality c. 1877. Portions of the township were taken to create Edgewater Park on February 26, 1924. The township's name was changed to Delanco Township as of December 20, 1926, based on the results of a referendum held on November 2, 1926.
Delanco is named after the Delaware River and Rancocas Creek, which border the community. It was originally called Del-Ranco or Delaranco, a portmanteau later shortened to Delanco.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 3.4 square miles (8.8 km²), of which, 2.5 square miles (6.4 km²) of it is land and 0.9 square miles (2.3 km²) of it (26.55%) is water.
Delanco Township borders Beverly, Edgewater Park Township, Willingboro Township, Delran Township, and Riverside Township. Delanco also borders the Delaware River, and across it, Bensalem Township, Pennsylvania and the city of Philadelphia.