is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 18,925.
Prior to 1916, the area was known as Dundee Lake, a section of Saddle River Township. Residents of the Dundee Lake area voted on April 18, 1916, to secede from Saddle River Township to form the
. In 1917, residents of the Rosemont section of Saddle River Township voted to be annexed to East Paterson. In November 1972, residents voted to change the name of the Borough to
. The new name became official on January 1, 1973.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 2.8 square miles (7.1 km