is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 7,197.
What is now Emerson was originally formed on April 8, 1903 from portions of Washington Township as the
, the name of a railroad station in the community. The name was changed to Emerson as of March 9, 1909.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 2.4 square miles (6.3 km