is a borough in Bergen County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 35,461.
Fort Lee was formed by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on March 29, 1904, from the remaining portions of Ridgefield Township. With the creation of Fort Lee, Ridgefield Township became defunct and was dissolved as of March 29, 1904. The Fort Lee Police Department was formed under borough ordinance on August 9, 1904, and originally consisted of six marshalls.
Fort Lee is located at (40.853423, -73.97481). It is north of Edgewater, New Jersey and is on the Hackensack Peninsula between the Hackensack River and the Hudson River.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 2.9 square miles (7.5 km