is a Township in Passaic County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the township population was 10,855.
Little Falls was incorporated as a township by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on April 2, 1868, from portions of Acquackanonk Township. On March 25, 1914, portions of the township were taken to form the borough of West Paterson (now Woodland Park.
The old Morris Canal, once an important artery of trade and transportation between the Delaware and Hudson Rivers, wound its way through the town, and vestiges of it still serve as a reminder of Little Falls' long history. Several well-maintained residences and other structures from the last century serve to further strengthen the town's sense of pride in its past.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the township has a total area of 2.8 square miles (7.3 km
Little Falls has three township sub-divisions. Great Notch is the eastern most part of the township. The downtown area is frequently referred to as "The Center of Town" mainly by longtime residents. Otherwise, it is usually referred to as simply Little Falls. Singac is the western most portion of the township. Much of it borders the Passaic River. There has been some debate about where exactly the division borders lie. If traveling towards the downtown area, Great Notch is believed to end where East Main Street ends and becomes Main Street. Singac is believed to begin near the corner of Union Avenue and Main Street, near the "Little Falls" on the Passaic River.
Little Falls is bordered by the communities of Montclair, Wayne, Cedar Grove, Woodland Park, Totowa, North Caldwell, Fairfield and Clifton.