is a city located on the Jersey Shore in Cape May County, New Jersey, United States. It is part of the Ocean City Metropolitan Statistical Area. 4,935 residents were counted during the United States 2000 Census. North Wildwood is home to the Hereford Inlet Lighthouse.
on June 13, 1885, from portions of Middle Township, based on the results of a referendum held eleven days earlier. The borough was reincorporated on March 6, 1896, and again on May 4, 1897. On May 16, 1906, the
was incorporated, replacing Anglesea Borough. On April 30, 1917, the area was reincorporated as the
It was ranked the fourth best beach in New Jersey in the 2008 Top 10 Beaches Contest sponsored by the New Jersey Marine Sciences Consortium.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the city has a total area of 2.1 square miles (5.5 km
North Wildwood borders Stone Harbor Borough, Wildwood City, West Wildwood Borough, Middle Township, and the Atlantic Ocean.