is a Borough in Monmouth County, New Jersey, United States. As of the United States 2000 Census, the borough population was 15,053.
by an Act of the New Jersey Legislature on August 15, 1950, based on the results of a referendum held on July 18, 1950, after breaking away from Shrewsbury Township. It was renamed "Tinton Falls" in 1975, to avoid postal errors. The name came from Lewis Morris's plantation, Tinton Manor, which employed free white workers and slaves. The borough is also home to the highest waterfall on New Jersey's coastal plain.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 15.6 square miles (40.5 km