is a town in Onondaga County, New York, USA. As of the 2000 census, the town had a total population of 58,805, making it Syracuse's largest suburb. The town was named after Henry Clay, statesman.
is northwest of Syracuse. It is the largest town in the county and contains part of the Village of North Syracuse, New York. It contains the major retail strip of Syracuse's northwesterly suburbs, along NY-31, including the Great Northern Mall.
Clay was within the Central New York Military Tract. The town was first settled by outsiders around 1791 and was previously known as West Cicero, NY.
The Town of Clay was formed in 1827 from the Town of Cicero, one of the original townships of the military tract.