is a town in Saratoga County, New York, United States. According to the United States Census Bureau, the 2006 population estimate for Clifton Park was 36,447. The name is derived from an early land patent. The town is in the south part of the county and is located approx. north of Albany and northeast of Schenectady, and south of Saratoga Springs.
First settlements in the area were in the end of the 17th Century near the Hudson River.
The Town or area was named in 1707 by Nanning Harmansen. At that time Nanning Harmansen sent letters to Lord Cornbury requesting letters of Patent for Land he bought from the Indians known as Shenendehowa. He also stated in this correspondence that he wanted the Patent to be known by "Your name of Cliftons Park," and the patent was named the Clifton Park Patent.
The town was created as "Clifton" in 1828 from the Town of Halfmoon. It was the last town created in the county and changed its name to "Clifton Park" in 1829.
The town originally consisted of farmland with a small village of homes, churches and businesses on what is now Rt. 9, but, when Interstate 87 was built through the town, the population and residential and commercial areas of the town skyrocketed.