is a town in Niagara County, New York, USA. The population was 9,657 at the 2000 census. The name was suggested by an early settler.
The Town of Newfane was established in 1824 from parts of the Towns of Hartland, Somerset, and Wilson. The first town meeting was held at the Van Horn Mansion in 1824. At one time, the community was known as "Charlotte" and "Charlottesville," but then was renamed Newfane ("New Fane" = "New Church").
Its school district includes an Early Childhood Center, Elementary school, Intermediate School, Middle School, and one High School. The school's mascot is a panther.
In Olcott, there is a monument with a handful of names of soldiers who fought for the Union cause in the American Civil War. In total, 252 Union soldiers came from Newfane. Olcott is also home to an original Herschell Carousel. The Carousel was built in 1928 and recently celebrated its 80th anniversary.