is a village in Ontario County, New York, United States. The population was 1,320 at the 2000 census.
is in the southwest part of the Town of Manchester and is north of Canandaigua, NY.
Originally called "Short Mill," Shortsville began its existence in 1804 when Theophilus Short built two mills on the shores of the Canandiagua Outlet. The village was incorporated in 1889.
Shortsville grew as a mill town and a number of flour, woolen and paper mills were built in addition to Short's original flour and saw mills.
Significant companies that once inhabited Shortsville include Empire Drill Works, founded by Hiram and Calvin Brown in 1850 and operated until 1900, Shortsville Wheel Company, a manufacturer of carriage and automobile wheels, founded in 1889 and closed in the early 20th century, and Papec Machine Company, a manufacturer of farming implements, which ceased operation in the 1980s.
The first school in the village was built in 1807. A district school was built in 1711 and what would become Shortsville High School was built in 1986. The property where this latter building was located is now occupied by a building and field associated with St. Dominic Church, a parish of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Rochester.