is a city in Warren County, Ohio, United States. The population was 16,962 at the 2000 census. It is the county seat of Warren County. It was named after the Biblical Lebanon because of the many juniper or Eastern Redcedar trees there, similar to the Lebanon Cedar. It is known today as "The Cedar City". Lebanon is widely becoming known as a tourist attraction, with its many points of interest. The Warren County Historical Museum is recognized as one of the nation's most outstanding county museums. The Glendower State Memorial, erected between 1836 and 1840, provides a classic example of residential Greek Revival architecture and a natural setting for many elegant Empire and Victorian furnishings from Warren County's past. The city has a symphony orchestra and chorus. Lebanon is also home to the Lebanon Mason Monroe Railroad, where passengers follow an old stage coach route passing meadow, pasture, a rippling creek and wildflowers along the way.
Lebanon is in the Symmes Purchase. The first settler in what is now Lebanon was Ichabod Corwin, uncle of Thomas Corwin, who came to Ohio from Bourbon County, Kentucky and settled on the north branch of Turtle Creek in March 1796. The site of his cabin is now on the grounds of Berry Intermediate School on North Broadway and is marked with a monument erected by the Daughters of the American Revolution.
The town was laid out in September 1802 on land owned by Ichabod Corwin, Silas Hurin, Ephraim Hathaway, and Samuel Manning in Sections 35 and 35 of Town 5, Range 3 North and Sections 5 and 6 of Town 4, Range 3 North of the Between the Miami Rivers Survey.