is a borough in Lancaster County, Pennsylvania, 28 miles (45 km) southeast of Harrisburg on the Susquehanna River across from Wrightsville. Originally, the place was called "Wright's Ferry." It was founded in 1726 by English Quakers from Chester County. Population counts were these: in 1890, 10,199; in 1900, 12,316; in 1910, 11,454; in 1920, 10,836; and in 1940, 11,547. The population was 10,311 at the 2000 census.
Columbia is located immediately east of the Susquehanna River. It is just south of U.S. Route 30.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 2.7 square miles (6.9 km²), of which, 2.4 square miles (6.3 km²) of it is land and 0.2 square miles (0.6 km²) of it (8.61%) is water.