is a borough in Susquehanna County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 1,216 at the 2000 census.
was founded in 1787 and was named in honor of William F. Hallstead, a railroad official.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 0.4 square miles (1.0 km²), all of it land.
The towns of Hallstead and nearby Great Bend are bisected by both Interstate 81 and the Susquehanna River.