is a borough in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, 28 miles northwest of Philadelphia. Early in the twentieth century, its industries included agricultural implement works, a canning factory, foundries, brickyards, a silk mill, and manufacturers of cigars, stoves, shirts, rope, iron drain pipe, and glue. In 1900, 2,754 people lived here; in 1910, 3,551; and in 1940, 9,316 people were inhabitants of Lansdale. The population was 16,071 at the 2000 census.
According to the United States Census Bureau, the borough has a total area of 3.1 square miles (7.9 km²), all of it land.