is a borough in Chester County, Pennsylvania, United States. The population was 3,373 at the 2000 census. Zip code 19365
Parkesburg was first known as the Fountain Inn, a tavern built ca. 1734. The Inn ceased operation as a tavern around 1836 and became Parkesburg's first post office. In 1872, the Pennsylvania Legislature authorized the formation of the Parkesburg Borough (from Sadsbury Township). The town was named after noted politician John G. Parke. Today, the Fountain Inn is a private residence.