is a city located in the western portion of Wilson County, Tennessee, U.S.A. It is a suburb of Nashville, and is approximately east of downtown. It is located roughly between two major national east-west routes, Interstate 40 and U.S. Route 70. As of the 2000 census, the city had a total population of 12,366. The city completed a special census in May 2006, certified by the State of Tennessee, which revealed a population of 20,392. Another special census was taken in 2008 which revealed a population of 25,234, surpassing the population of Lebanon by 422, and making Mt. Juliet the largest city in Wilson County for the first time in its history. The city's official colors are the same as the town's high school: black and gold.
Mt. Juliet was formed in 1835 and became incorporated as a city in 1972. According to the Mt. Juliet Chamber of Commerce, the name of the town has two possible explanations. One theory is that the town was named for Julia Gleaves, a person who was renowned for taking care of those in need within the community. The most widely accepted story is that Mt. Juliet is named for a castle in County Kilkenny, Ireland.