is a census-designated place (CDP), on U.S. Highway 59 fifteen miles northeast of Victoria, Texas near the Jackson County, Texas line in Victoria County, Texas, United States. The population was 1,787 at the 2000 census. It is included in the Victoria, Texas, Metropolitan Statistical Area. The name is that of a daughter of a railroad developer.
The community was originally called "Arenosa" after a nearby creek. (Arenosa is Spanish for "sandy".)
In 1882, the community was re-named after Inez Telefener. In 1900 the town had a lumberyard, a railway station, a bank, a hotel, and a Wells Fargo office. A rural school served its growing population, which reached 200 by 1920.