is a city in Weber County, Utah, United States. The population was 15,027 at the 2000 census. North Ogden is on SR-235, three miles north of Ogden. It is a suburb of that city and is part of the Ogden –Clearfield, Utah Metropolitan Statistical Area.
North Ogden was originally settled during the winter of 1850 by two sets of cattle ranchers from Ogden. The Campbells and the Riddles had been warned by Brigham Young not to venture from the fort in Ogden due to the troubles with the local Shoshone. After a few months wintering their cattle, they were forced to return to Ogden in fear of Shoshone reprisals. The following year, after the trouble with the Shoshone had been partially settled, the Jonathan Campbell returned with a number of other families to permanently settle the spot.
One important early industry in the mid to late 19th century was the sugar beet industry, and a processing and canning plant was built in the town for this. North Ogden also built a spur from the Union Pacific Station in Ogden, called the "Dummy Line" which led up to the hot springs in what is today Pleasant View.
In the 1930s, increasing demand for water led the city to officially incorporate February 1, 1934 . David Gilbert Randall was elected the first Mayor of North Ogden. That same decade saw the creation of the Cherry Days celebration on July 4th. As North Ogden grew after World War II, it became a primary suburb for Ogden and other larger cities. Its industries flagged, and most agricultural areas began to be parcelled out for homes.