is a city in Benton County, Washington, United States. The population was 2,624 at the 2000 census. The city is strongly associated with nearby Kiona, with which it shares a school district.
Benton City was originally platted by the Oregon Washington Railroad and Navigation Company in 1909 at the junction of the Walla Walla and Yakima lines. Freight and Passenger depots were built by the railroad in 1910.
The town was officially incorporated July 2, 1945. Irrigation water was brought to the area via the Sunnyside Canal in 1947, allowing the area to grow considerably.
In 2002, the Kiona Bridge over the Yakima River at Benton City was added to the National Register of Historic Places.