is a city in Pierce County, Washington, United States. The population was 2,452 at the 2000 census.
The Nisqually tribe arrived in the area at least 5700 years ago, subsisting on shellfish from the beaches and salmon from Sequalitchew Creek. Captain George Vancouver mapped the area in 1792, and in 1833, the Hudson's Bay Company established a fur trading post at Fort Nisqually. The fort was relocated upstream in 1843.
The first school was established in 1852, and in 1869, the federal government auctioned the site off to settlers. In 1906, the DuPont company purchased a area for construction of an explosives plant. By 1909, the company town had more than 100 houses.
DuPont was officially incorporated on March 26, 1912, and was re-incorporated in 1951. DuPont has recently undergone a modern transformation as the planned annexed community of Northwest Landing, Washington has been realized. The city is expected to have a built out population of 12,000.