is a city in Snohomish County, Washington, United States. The population was 25,315 at the 2000 census. Marysville is known as
due to the large number of strawberry farms that once surrounded the city in its earlier days. Over the past decade, and continuing today, large residential, commercial, and industrial growth has transformed this city. With a 2006 estimated population of 31,938, Marysville ranks as the fourth largest city in the county after Everett (98,514), Edmonds (40,126), and Lynnwood (33,685).
Marysville's history begins with the signing of the Point Elliott Treaty in 1855. After the treaty was signed, the local area had opened for settlement and the timber industry quickly took hold, with several claims being staked during the 1860s in the area that would become Marysville. The loggers and the nearby Tulalip reservation provided ample opportunities for trade, and in 1872 a small government trading post was established. James P. Comeford and his wife, Maria, moved to the area after he was appointed proprietor of the trading post by the federal government.
In 1874, Comeford paid $450 for logged timber claims consisting of of land. Four years later, they built a new store with living quarters attached and a small dock with a plank road called Front Street. Mrs. Comeford began teaching classes to local children and Mr. Comeford ran the post office, both of these provided out of their home.
Little growth took place in Marysville until the mid-1880s. The first saw mill opened in 1887, followed by three additional mills over the next few years. The railroad came to town in 1889, which was followed by more growth.