is a city in Rock County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 5,167 at the 2000 census (2008 estimate, 5,667).
The city was formed as a result of the 1967 merger of the villages of Milton and Milton Junction.
Originally named Prairie du Lac, Milton was settled in 1838 by Joseph Goodrich, who built an inn, the Milton House, at the intersection of two trade routes. The Milton House is today one of the oldest poured grout structures in the United States. A noted abolitionist, Goodrich is believed to have aided fugitive slaves escape to freedom via the underground railroad.